Orange Island, the Museum of Second Life Photography and Koinup are pleased to announce a new SL summer photo competition: the H2O Contest. The themes are ‘Water‘ and ‘H2O‘and photographs can show any Second Life sim.
From Thursday 2nd July to Friday 10th July at midnight, you can upload up to five entries on the H2O Contest group on Koinup.com. A panel of five judges will choose the 18 best entries, which will be displayed from the 14th of July at both the Museum of SL Photography and the Orange Island Photo Gallery.
The panel will then select three photos among the 18 finalists. The winners will be announced on Orange Island on Friday, 31st July, at 10am SLT.
The winners will get Linden Dollars prizes and a chance to exhibit their work at the MoSLP and the Photo Gallery during the whole of August. As a bonus, the overall winner will be invited to talk about his work at a photo session during the summer.
1st prize: L$9000 and 9 photographs in the exhibition
2nd prize: L$6000 and 6 photographs in the exhibition
3rd prize: L$3000 and 3 photographs in the exhibition
The exhibition will be officially opened with live music at the Museum at a date to be announced. Join the Koinup, Orange Island or Museum of SL Photography groups to be notified of these events. If you need more details, please contact Mariposa Upshaw or Eric Arkright in world (in Second Life)
H2O CONTEST RULES
* Contestants must have an account on Koinup. Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.
* The photos have to be related to the theme of ‘Water’ or ‘H2O’. Use your imagination!
* From Thursday 2nd July to Friday 10th July at midnight (all times SLT), contestants can upload up to five (5) entries on the H2O Contest group on Koinup.com. If they submit more than five, only the first five will be considered.
* All entries must be tagged with “h2ocontest”
* Photos already posted on Koinup before Thursday 2nd cannot be submitted to the contest. Please submit new works.
* No brand logos or hidden advertisement. No sex, violence or offending contents. Black and white accepted.
* Entries will be judged based on artistic and emotional impact, technical skill, and theme.
* Entering the contest implies the acceptance of these rules.
JOIN NOW THE GROUP